WORLD EGG DAY RECIPE
RECREATE YOLK BREAKER'S SIGNATURE BUN
Create egg-licious wizardry
Scrambled, fried, omelette-shaped, pouched, pancaked – eggs are universal and found in every cuisine across the globe, and today is the day the celebrate their versatility. Yolk Breaker, one of our newest residents at Camden Market, has introduced London to their infamous sandwich buns filled with delicious eggy delights.
For this year’s World Egg Day why not recreate Yolk Breaker’s signature – courtesy of St Ewe Eggs. Make your breakfast, lunch or any meal that little be egg-tra special.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Portions: 1 Person
What You Need:
• 2 St Ewe Rick Yolk Eggs (or any eggs)
• Unsalted butter
• Chopped (finely) chives
• Sea salt
• Brioche bun
• Spiced or Sriracha mayonnaise (Yolk Breaker use their homemade Sriracha Mayo)
• Red Leicester cheese
• Caramelised onions
• Rapeseed oil
- In a medium frying pan, break the eggs and beat them.
- Add unsalted butter to taste.
- Place the frying pan on medium - low heat and scramble the eggs to a gooey texture.
- Take the pan off the heat; mix in the chives and salt.
Assemble the sandwich:
- Warm the brioche bun and dress both sides with the Sriracha or Spiced mayonnaise.
- Place the scrambled eggs on the bottom bun
- Partially melt a slice of Red Leicester cheese and place it on top of the scrambled eggs
- Finish it off with the caramelised onions, placed on top of the melted cheese.
There you have it. Now eat it quick before someone else does!